Monday, July 23, 2007

Art Inspiration Week Begins... with Ketchup Art

You can call it ketchup or you can call it catsup.

Now you can call it art, create your own, and upload it to KetchupArt.com.

You know I'm always especially on the lookout for portraits, and here is one in ketchup of Chairman Mao, by KetchupArt.com user Stripglamtease
entitled Mao Tse Tchup. Note the fine details in the hair. You can actually see waves in the ketchup. The artist was probably inspired by the red of the ketchup.

Check out the site and let me know what you think is fun on there (please post to the blog as a Comment so everyone else can enjoy it too!)

Thinking about ketchup makes me want a McDonald's Quarter Pounder with Cheese. Supersize Me. Oh wait, I am already supersized. I'm working on that. Thinking of SuperSize Me reminds me of this great YouTube.com video by Jason Baalman.

Jason did the ketchup portrait as a promotional thing for his portrait art, and although it has been successful : CNN and appearance on David Letterman - things that artists generally would kill for (except me, that would send me into panic attacks!)...the publicity has brought him art commissions but he doesn't want to be pigeonholed as 'the ketchup artist.' But now he has done a portrait of an Australian YouTube user in Vegemite. I love the Vegemite one because it's kind of like a mosaic using toast too. I have actually tasted Vegemite, it's not too bad but I think it is an acquired taste. Also check out his portrait in Hershey's Chocolate Syrup.

Branching out into different foodstuffs should keep him from being only known as a ketchup artist!

Well I don't know about you, but I could use a snack right about now.
All this food talk has made me a mite peckish.

Check back in to the blog tomorrow for another interesting and unusual artist!

No comments:

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.