Monday, June 26, 2006

Portraits of Stillborn Babies, Drawn from Photos

This is something I tend to not advertise, because I never want to look like I'm capitalizing on someone's pain.

However, I have had several clients for this who told me they looked high and low for an artist that could draw a picture of their angel baby based on the few photos they had of their baby, and they had trouble finding one who either could or would do it.... so I like to try to get the word out whenever I can that I am available for this service. So many parents are afraid to ask, afraid that they will seem to be 'morbid' for asking for this. It's not morbid!
It is a TOTALLY NORMAL thing to want a nice portrait of your baby.

Parents often want a memorial picture that they can have to remember their baby...a picture without all the tape, wires, tubes, etc. I can make this for them. I can add the baby's name, the dates of birth/death, a special saying or a poem.

It is very special to me to be able to create something that can help in the grief healing process. Of course you will never forget your baby and the portraits help you remember their adorable features in a peaceful setting, instead of all the hospital equipment.

I am a mother of four children, and I try to bring a special 'mother's touch' to these portraits.

Maybe you have some tips you could share with me about how I could get the word out about this in a way that is sensitive. Here is the website page with client comments: CLICK HERE

Darla
http://darladixon.com/
darla.dixon@gmail.com

No comments:

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.