Wednesday, June 28, 2006

I have to go out and buy a new clothes dryer today.
This is an example of how something that seems bad can actually be a blessing.

If you read this blog a lot, then you know I have four kids, and two of them are really young. I do a lot of laundry. I don't mind laundry - of all the housework things to do, it's actually the easiest and least gross to me. (I like that you can start the machine then go off and do other things).

But back to the story.
I need to do at minimum 2 loads of laundry a day to keep from being overcome by the sheer weight of Mount Washmore. So yesterday morning I had baby in arms while preparing the throw towels into the dryer.

I opened the dryer door and there were no clothes in it. I hadn't used the dryer for quite some time, yet I sensed hot air hitting us when I opened the door. I felt the dryer, and the top of it was extremely hot! Can you imagine the top of a dryer being hot enough to burn your hand when you haven't run the dryer for many hours?!?

Thank the Lord for waking up early and for having a lot of laundry. If I didn't wake up early and have a lot of laundry to do, I think it was just a matter of time before the dryer would have caught fire. Something definitely wrong with its electronics/electrical. I thought about having it repaired but it has other issues that make it something to have replaced.

What 'bad' thing has happened to you that actually was a blessing, whether you realized it at the time or not? I'd love to hear about it!

2 comments:

Jan said...

Oh my Darla! I am so glad you caught this in time.

We had a thankful moment one day coming out of WalMart. My oldest son was darting out of the store without looking both ways. A lady was driving through the pedestrian marked area at a VERY quick speed. She came SOOOO close to running my baby over! We would have lost him had he not stopped quickly. She never looked back or slowed down. It definitely would have been her fault had she run him over, but we did have to get on to our son pretty good about not looking both ways.

Thank the Lord! I know angels were watching over my son that day!

DD said...

Yikes, that makes my dryer experience nothing more than a hangnail! Thank the Lord your little one was safe!

Update on the dryer, although I got a more basic model this time around, it's making doing laundry actually FUN now, because it's not taking so long. Probably saving a ton of money on electricity too!

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.