Friday, February 17, 2006

I just paid some bills, it's my Friday thing to do. I only had a couple little ones to pay today, yay! Now I need to balance the checkbook - yes, I know I seem to have it backwards today, I should have probably balanced first and then paid bills. :) I also sent out my Home Occupation Tax form for the City of Snellville.

Little Man (age 2-1/2) has been so cute lately. He has really picked up on some new words. Yesterday he told me something was empty. I was impressed that he knew that word and used it right. Later he played doctor for me and he fixed me right up. He made me drink imaginary medicine out of a tiny imaginary cup.

Little Guy (4 months old) has swollen lower gums in the lower front. I can feel those teeth under there. He has lots of drooling. I sure will be glad when those teeth pop out. He is going through about 4 bibs a day. If he was on Dune, he'd never have to worry about having enough body fluid to recycle. (oops - my inner nerd is showing!)

DearDaughter1 was feeling under the weather yesterday. She didn't have a fever, but I could feel pretty large lymph nodes swollen under her jawline, so I let her stay home from school. She has good grades so I felt she could afford to do that.

DearDaughter2 mysteriously became ill with the same illness (they both have DWGTSD : Don't-Wanna-Go-To-School Disease)...but I couldn't find anything wrong with her that I could let her stay home and keep a straight face, so I made her go. She really can't afford to miss even a single day right now.

She was stressed out because in gym class they were going to have to do some fancy stuff with the jump rope and she was afraid of being embarrassed. Poor thing, I would really hate to relive 6th grade.

In my spare moments over the last couple days, I have been reading a book called How To Get Organized Without Resorting to Arson: A Step by Step Guide to Clearing Your Desk Without Panic or the Use of Open Flame by Liz Franklin. I think I have finally found the magic pill for my organizing, paper, and life management issues. I'm a Visual Cross-Dominant with a lot of Sparklebrain traits - now, you'll have to read the book to know what I'm talking about!

When I say 'spare' moments, what that means is, I lay the book out and read a few pages while I'm giving Little Guy his bottle. Other people wouldn't consider that a spare moment, but I have to multi-task!

No comments:

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.