Thursday, October 20, 2005

It has been awhile since I've posted to the blog. My life is revolving around feeding, changing, fixing food, laundry, etc...and all the work that having a newborn entails. Somewhere in there, I'm supposed to sleep and take a shower. It has been interesting to say the least! I am not currently at my most well-groomed, let's put it that way LOL

I have been lucky not to have gotten the 'baby blues' or postpartum depression. I think I am too busy for that or something. Although tired, I feel so much better physically than I did while I was pregnant. I am not in pain with every step, and I don't get sore when I'm sitting, and that is a major improvement so I can't complain at all.

I'm enjoying my body returning to "me" again. It is important for new moms to take care of themselves. I found that the maternity shirts I have had to wear didn't make me feel very good lately. Most of them have a stain or two on them also. So I ordered some new tops from JCPenney.com and some new jeans from WalMart.com.
The shirts arrived yesterday and the jeans arrived today. It is so much easier to have the stuff come to the door. I need to wear my jeans in Talls, and it is a big hassle to have to dig through that stack of jeans in the WalMart store to find the tall ones.
I also have new makeup that I bought right before going into the hospital.
It's amazing how these little things can make you feel so much better.

After I get the go-ahead from the doctor when I get my 6 week's checkup, I want to do some (fairly casual) dieting and some exercise. I am 2 lbs away from my pre-pregnancy weight, but I didn't start out at a good weight. I still need to lose 20 lbs or so to be a really healthy weight. I will probably go back to weight loss/diet blogging. I had lost 6 lbs from doing that before. It helped me to know I would need to post my weight to my weight loss blog every Thursday. It would keep me accountable for my actions.
ie: "Actions" = stuffing my face.

The baby seems to be getting into somewhat of a schedule. It is his schedule, not mine, but I have started to see some predictability in it, so hopefully I can get more work (ie art work) done. I am definitely in the mood, it's just a matter of finding blocks of time.

He is crying now, so that ends this blog entry! Have a good day and thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.