Saturday, August 13, 2005


I know it's going to be an 'interesting' day. I dreamt that I was pregnant and hurting. Then I woke up. I was really pregnant and hurting. I guess dreams really do come true! Ah, these last 8 weeks or so of pregnancy are just zooming along, arent they?!? (that is that sarcasm again!)

This is pregnancy at age 40 folks...I do NOT recommend it! LOL!

But actually it is strange, that sometimes I can actually forget I am pregnant, I feel that good...and then other times I feel so much pain, I am uncomfortable sitting OR lying down - I guess it has a lot to do with the position of the baby. If I'm sitting too long, I almost feel paralyzed when I try to walk.

They always want to hear my complaints when I go to my obstetrician visits, but I feel that it's a waste of time to complain there too much...the only thing that will make all this go away is to have the baby!

DS (Dear Son) is two years old today! Happy birthdayto my lil guy! He is the greatest. Unfortunately, he has had diarrhea for two days straight now. I hope he will be better today, so he can enjoy cake and ice cream. His eating has been fine, it's just that you have to cut out sweets to help stop diarrhea. With toddlers, it's the same chant: "juice, juice, juice!" all the time. So I give him 3/4 water with 1/4 fruit juice in it until he gets over this problem.

I kept the birthday gift buying under control, because I think too much stuff to play with is actually overwhelming at his age. We bought him a wooden train set. My sisters both sent him birthday money. Early this week, we will take him and his sisters to Chuck E. Cheese. We'll take lots of pictures, and I will do a scrapbook page.

His tummy troubles have gotten me behind in my art work. If today goes well, I need to make some alterations to some of the book illustrations, start on another one, scan them, scan a dog portrait I'm working on, and email the dog portrait client to tell them why I am so behind! Argh...I really thought I could be done by now...well, in the old days without kids and pregnancy, I could've.

I have a 3x5 card with my 'to-do' list on it. That card is really filled up!
The girls don't have school today, so maybe I can really get it all done.

Have a great weekend!

Darla
Pencil Portrait Drawing Artist
http://darladixon.com

No comments:

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.