Friday, August 12, 2005

I attended the ABWA (American Business Women's Association) meeting last night. Wow, I just love that group...what a fascinating group of ladies. I stayed there and yakked my head off until the restaurant started flicking the lights as a subtle hint for me to waddle out of there. We had a great speaker, Ms. Szabo from the Gwinnett County Solicitor's Office. I didn't think the food was as good as last time, but maybe it's just my pregnancy. Ugh, I had heartburn and I was up until 3 am.

I should have picked up everyone's marketing materials, but I wasn't really thinking ahead and about you, my blog readers (oops sorry, selfish moment) so I just picked up business cards, brochures, and catalogs that were of interest to me, center of the universe that I am!

So here is what I have to share with you - go there, buy something!

A Divine Consign Boutique
Clothing, jewelry, gifts
http://www.adivineconsign.com/
This is a store located at 2411 Heritage Village, Ste 2
(Oak Road and Main Street of Snellville)
Snellville GA 30078
770-978-6011

The Linen Lady (Kathy Porter)
Over 200 designer bedding collection samples for you to view in your home at your convenience. Create a personalized look for your bedroom, guest room, youth and now baby bedding. Fabric and window treatments are also available for a coordinated, sophisiticatedlook.
Office: 770-466-2592 Cell: 770-365-9995

Traci Smith
Pampered Chef
http://www.pamperedchef.biz/traci
404-797-1193

Terrific lady, and I just love Pampered Chef products...if you have never tried them, you really should. The baking stone is one of my favorite products, but the chopper is also phenomenal!
If you've never had a Pampered Chef product, they are high quality, easy to use, and they LAST. I'm not much of a cook, but the right tool will really make it more fun, so if you end up cooking more at home, it's healthier for you, and in the long run the products pay for themselves because you save money by eating at home instead of going out. Traci lives in my neighborhood, and I was so happy to meet her.

I also got to finally meet Georgette Lake of My Special Events.net in person. We know each other only through online networking so it was really nice to be able to put a face with a name. She is doing Hospitality for the ABWA group.

Cathy Moody of Southern Living at Home was also nice to talk to, her website is http://www.southernlivingathome.com/cathys
Cathy's presentation was so nice, I wish I could hire her to speak about my art...I can do the drawing, but standing up in front of people and doing a presentation is a challenge to say the least. I think artwork is so personal, and maybe that's why I have trouble, I am afraid to sound like a braggart if I promote myself too strongly up in front of people!

Well, that's all I have in front of me at the moment about the meeting.

I need to fill out some paperwork now and get a little bit of pregnancy lie down time before my toddler boy wakes up again...but oops I think I have blown my chance by writing in this blog, because I can hear him calling me. Hey, sleep is overrated, right? And after all, I AM in training for having a newborn!

Darla
Pencil Portrait Drawing Artist
http://darladixon.com

No comments:

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.