Friday, April 15, 2005

This is an interesting article about the new scientific techniques they have come up with to determine whether an artwork is a forgery or not. They analyze the patterns and strokes that each artist has made - in effect, an artist's pattern and style is almost like a fingerprint, I would think. I have seen a lot of other artists who work in pencil, and they work using photographs as an art reference, as I do, but their style and pattern that they work in is so very different from mine. The artwork as a whole might look similar, but when I look closely at the pencil strokes, they are very very different. Many artists I would like to emulate, but it's good to know I have my own unique way and that every artist does.

No comments:

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.