Friday, December 11, 2009

This blog post is so random I can't title it

It's almost Christmas!

Here's what's going on in our neck of the woods -

  • We got the tree up (nothing exciting about it this year I'm afraid, sorry.) Bought a few gifts and stashed them away, but haven't had time to wrap anything yet. I have some of that wonderful wrapping paper from the kids' school fundraiser though, so I'm all set when I have time.
  • Sweet Sasha was attacked in the early morning hours a few days ago by another dog that wasn't on a leash. Luckily, during the attack, the leash worked loose from her collar and she ran all the way down the street to home and waited on the porch. We were very pleased that she ran home and knew which house was hers! She's okay, it's us humans who need therapy now!
  • I am getting over my cold, but lost my voice - I am slowly getting it back.
  • Checked one of my daughters out of school due to this illness. Ended up making a second trip to check the other daughter out. Her case of illness wasn't as severe. At least she only missed one class.
  • The high school art instructor wants my daughter to take Advanced Placement Art in 11th and 12th grade.
  • Our house is a chorus of coughing.
  • My sister and her husband celebrated 34 years of marriage on December 6th. I was a junior bridesmaid in their wedding.
  • I have a pencil portrait ready to be mailed to Ontario, Canada. I have another portrait I'm tweaking, one I just finished today, and another one just in layout sketch phase. I want to finish them all by Wednesday. Ok, maybe it will be Thursday, but I'd rather be done by Wednesday.
  • Voting is going on for the Best DIY Lens category on Squidoo. My page on How to Draw Hair in Pencil is doing really well in the competition. Last time I checked, it had over 60% of the votes. Maybe I get a T-shirt if I win?!? I'm not sure. It's fun to win anything, though. Thank you if you voted for my page!
  • I've been following Dr. Oz's diet advice since I read his book, YOU: On a Diet. Since November 23, I've lost 5 lbs and haven't been hungry. Not too bad, considering Thanksgiving was during this time, and the girls' birthday at the end of November. I haven't been exercising enough, but I'm working on that.
Well that's it for now, or else this will get too long. I hope to not wait so long to post another entry to this blog. I hope you have a good week!

No comments:

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.