Sunday, April 27, 2008

I'm back

I have been hesitating to post to this blog because all I have to write about is illness and pestilence!

We are all working through some kind of flu bug here that is working its way through a different family member each day. At my son's pre-K, they have had a student with a case of MRSA (that's a staph infection that is resistant to antibiotics and very dangerous.) The child who was diagnosed with MRSA had it on a broken blister on his ankle and it was always covered up with a sock, so I think the danger is minimal. However, the school wasn't notified until 1:45 pm Friday, and the class lets out at 2:30 pm, so that didn't give the teachers any chance to do anything other than issue a warning letter to all parents. I felt bad for the teachers - they were probably looking forward to leaving work for a well-deserved weekend, and they found out they had to sterilize a huge room. I wonder how long that took? I got my son in the bathtub as soon as we got home. I figured it couldn't hurt. That boy almost always needs a bath!

So that's all that's going on here. Leave a comment and let me know how you are doing.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello, Darla!

Thank you for stopping by my blog, viewing my photos, and your kind comments! I hope your family is now in better health.

I have seen your website in the past, and your Squidoo pages, so we must travel in similar circles. :)

Great points on your post about krylon spray. I left a comment there too . . .

You've done a very nice job on your blog. It has given me some ideas. :) Take care, I am sure I will see around the web.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear about your families illness but I'm sure that all will be well soon! Thanks for your visit and entry into my blog- it was very encouraging! Please visit again soon and I'll stay in touch too.

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.