Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Wacom Introduces 2 New Pen Tablets

Wacom Intuos3 12
I always read with great interest whenever I see anything about Wacom tablets. Wacom tablets are digitizers that allow you to draw direct from the tablet to your PC, and the software allows artists to draw or 'paint.' It has always seemed so fun to me. I like to do graphic art with Paint Shop Pro, but it's awkward trying to use the mouse and look up at the screen. The digitizers like Wacom make it more intuitive, like drawing with a regular pencil or pen/brush. The one pictured is a Wacom Intuos3 12"x12" Graphics Tablet , has a 12"x12" drawing area, and it runs about $500.

Well I've really wanted one, and was close to buying one, but when I thought about the lack of time I'd have to devote to working with it, I decided to wait. The way I figure it, by the time I have more time to work with it, the technology of it would advance and the prices would be lower.

So far, it looks like I made the right decision. Wacom has introduced two new Pen Tablets, the Cintiq 12WX and the Cintiq 20WSX. They run from $999 (why don't they just say a thousand?) and $1,999. - Animation Magazine Article

Wacom Graphire A5 Graphics Tablet

LESS EXPENSIVE OPTION:
The
Wacom Graphire A5 Graphics Tablet above is only around $220.

I will have so much fun when I finally get a Wacom. I never get bored. I always have something to do or something I want to learn, or plan to learn and do.



No comments:

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.