Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Kasper American Puppetry of Quality

Last night, I took my 4 year old son to the Library to see the American Kasper Theatre production of Kasper and the Chrismas Present.

The show is appropriate for anyone over age 4. Do not take children younger than 4 - it is most suitable for children PreK/Kindergarten age and up. Younger kids will get bored and will probably be disruptive. I know I was glad I didn't bring my 2 year old!

You can read all about the German tradition of Kasper puppetry at professional puppeteer Franklin Bunn's website, www.AmericanKasper.com

It's just great seeing someone getting to do what they love for a living!

The Kasper puppetry is different from the English Punch and Judy type of puppetry. It's like German folk tales with a moral lesson. The website will explain it all to you!

1 comment:

letti said...

wow, that sounds like something I would have enjoyed :)

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.