Tuesday, September 11, 2007

dreams alert that you are doing too much

I had a strange dream last night.

In the dream, a person from another church asked me if I would volunteer to run their children's choir program.

I told her I was sorry I couldn't run it, but I'd be glad to help out whenever I could, but I'm just too busy to run the program (besides being fairly unqualified - I've helped with children's choir before, but not run it!)

The next thing I knew, I was being thanked by other people from the church for taking over the children's choir! Ummm....I didn't agree to that!!! So I had to run around letting everyone know it was a misunderstanding and seeing the looks of disappointment on their faces, just because that first lady didn't listen closely when I told her I could just HELP.

A similar situation has happened to me in real life, but it was the PTA.

It really is hard to say no, but sometimes you have to.

No comments:

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.