Saturday, August 25, 2007

did something I've never done before

This photo is similar to what I climbed on, but not the actual one.

We went to the 12th birthday party of my daughters' friend today and I tried rock climbing! It's not an actual rock, but one of those tall, simulated rock things with the hand/foot grips on it.

I didn't get very far up, but I did better than I thought I would. I almost didn't do it. The negative self-talk of "oh, I'll make a fool of myself" came into play, but then I asked myself, how would I feel when that thing is packed up and gone and I didn't even try it just a little to see how I could do? I knew I would regret it if I didn't give it a shot.

I didn't even consider going all the way to the top - I decided to just take each bit at a time.
I tried it about 3 times. On the third time, I did the best I had so far, and I decided I would stop at a good ending.

I definitely would consider doing it again. It was pretty fun! It works your brain and your body.

There will probably be some pictures later on!

No comments:

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.