Tuesday, August 21, 2007

by jove he's got it, a blog post not for the squeamish

My oldest son started PreK last week on his 4th birthday, then he got sick and missed school on Thursday and Friday (cold, a bit of fever.) So I used that impromptu 4 day weekend to do a crash course in potty training. By jove we think he's finally got it.

He had a good day yesterday, stayed dry at school all day with lots of teacher reminders, but then last night when he was playing on the computer, he just whizzed right there on the floor. Ugh!

I use the kitchen timer to remember to remind him at home, and obviously I messed up that time! We are only doing paper pants at nighttime. He has some new superhero underwear. Lord it will be nice not to buy those expensive Pull Ups anymore!

My youngest son will be 2 in October. He's going to go to church preschool 2 days a week for 3 hours each of those days, starting in September. I'm really going to be driving a lot then - delivering kids and picking 'em up but it's going to be nice to have some time to myself.

He is so cute. Every day he asks (er DEMANDS) that I read Hop on Pop, Ten Apples Up on Top, Goodnight Moon, and the Gingerbread Man. I have them memorized. He has a head cold too now, so he has both nostrils running most of the time. (lovely)

Today at naptime, he woke up due to a number two, and apparently was feeling around in there to see what kind of prizes he could find. He had a poopie ball in his hand (and residue...let's not go there) and he was totally freaked out about it and was screaming. I got him cleaned up and he had to be comforted from that mean old poop ball attack.

What am I going to do when these boys are grown,
and I no longer have pee, snot, and poop to deal with?

I don't get grossed out anymore, I just laugh about it all.

There really is an opportunity here for an entrepreneur who could invent a non-permeable, non-staining clothing line for moms.

No comments:

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.