Wednesday, May 30, 2007

The new book's cover


What Really Happened in Colonial Times will be released soon.

I was excited to see what the book cover will look like. It doesn't seem to matter how many times I see my name on the cover of a book, I always get excited. It still feels incredible that it's my name on there.

The artworks on the cover have been tinted by the book cover designer. They also sometimes do reversed images of the artworks for use on the cover...for instance, the one at the bottom is Pocahontas, and I think I drew her facing the other way. They often find it works better in the cover design to change the positioning of the portrait subjects. It doesn't bother me at all, as long as it makes the cover more attractive, that's an important thing for book sales.

Want to see more of this series? Hop over to http://bramleybooks.com for all the details!

No comments:

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.