Monday, November 27, 2006

Thanksgiving over...

The whole Thanksgiving thaing is over now. I hope you had a good holiday. We went to my brother's in law house and had a nice time. Now it's time to get back in the swing of work, school, and low fat - low cholesterol diet. Bah humbug! At least I did find a good website today about low cholesterol diets that actually had useful information - LINK

I tried to just relax over the holiday weekend. I had 15 minutes when my 13 month old was in his Superyard playpen and my 3 year old was occupied with a movie. I did some doodling, but I didn't do any commission portrait work over the break. I have some portraits that need to be 'thunk out'...my hillbilly term for thinking over what I am going to do with them. I really do think that at least half of my artwork is done mentally...it has to be worked out in my brain before it can be put on paper. A couple of them I have already tried on paper, but they need tweaking to the point that I am going to totally re-do them.

I took one of my girls (almost 13) along with 13 month old Little Guy and 3 year old Little Man, over to the grocery store. Little Guy kept reaching behind him and grabbing stuff in the cart. I give him interesting unbreakable boxes to hold to keep him occupied, but for some reason, yesterday he really wanted the glass Ragu jar. It was like the boy was possessed to have that jar. Little Man is only 3, but he is already too big to fit in the grocery cart seat. He looks like a 5 or 6 year old. He did really well holding his big sister's hand through the store though.

Now, you would think that the child or children that would stress me out the most on a grocery shopping trip would be the 13 month old and the 3 year old, right? Wrong! DD1 (almost 13) was the most difficult! Whining and begging for things like a Bratz doll. I got aggravated with her and told her we are at the grocery store for FOOD. Stuff to eat...not toys! Then began the sulking. I swear, she must think we are millionaires or something and we're holding out on her.
I wonder if I was like that at that age, and if so...sorry Mom!

No comments:

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.