Thursday, January 05, 2006

Do you have a New Year's Resolution?
Against my better judgment, I have a list going.

1. Lose weight
Note to self: It's only FORTY pounds, stop being such a wimp!
I have cut out a lot of sugar from my diet already, and eating a lot more low carb.

2. Stop biting my nails
(what am I so nervous about, anyway?)
I would love any tips anyone can give me to quit. I wish there was a Nicorette gum for this, maybe it could be called NicorNAIL or something? I don't drink or smoke, but I do bite the nails!

3. Send out birthday cards, remember family member's birthdays better.
I'm doing pretty well on this one so far - I even have Happy Birthday postage stamps.
Now that's commitment!

4. Donate more to charities

Business-wise, my goal this year is to be more organized.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know the name but there is or used to be some stuff you apply to your nails like nail polish. It makes your nails taste so bad you eventually stop biting them. Of course this does nothing for the cause of biting your nails.

boneman said...

I'm thinking that you won't put the stuff on in the first place if it makes your nails taste bad. And, it ain't so bad a thing, biting your nails. Before I gave all m'teeth to the dentist and got these here store boughts, I used to occassionally chew on m'nails, but, not nearly enough to make some people happy. Used to let 'em get long so I could enjoy a good scratch. Nothing like a good scratch, sometimes. But, being forgetful, they would get too long for even me. Now-a-days I gotta go get the clippers.

If you're into looks at all, maybe just go to a manicurist and let them do your nails. Two-fold purpose, one to make 'em look nice' and two, youy probably won't rip into 'em as quick if you pay for the service.

boneman said...

Chewing on your nails isn't such a bad thing. I used to let mine go a bit because there's nothing like a good scratch. "Course that was before m'dentist took all m'teeth and left me with these here store boughts.
On the other hand, you could go to a manicurist with a two-fold idea.
1 They'll make your nails look better.
2 If you pay for the service you'll be less likely to rip into 'em....

DD said...

Thanks! I've tried the fake nails, it just made my real nails even more weak when it was all over and done with...and the fake nails sort of get in the way (they are always too long and creepy to me!)

I have just made up my mind that I am not going to bite 'em anymore, and so far so good!

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.