Monday, December 12, 2005

Work-a-Rama

Well I finished the portrait I was working on for the last 3 days.
Only 5 more portraits (I think?!?) to get 'caught up'....I was so desperate to actually FINISH something. I have gotten so behind that it really wears on my psyche - I'm kind of guilt-ridden person (raised Lutheran, do I need to tell you more?)

Some artisans would get behind and say to themselves "oh well, LET them [the clients] wait," but it really drives me nuts more than it bothers any of my clients, I bet. It's a huge mental weight on me to have things left unfinished, and then I can also be a perfectionist. I think you can look at my artwork and tell I'm a perfectionist, can't you? I don't mean that in the sense of that my portraits are wonderful, or oh, I'm so great look at me, look at my pencil art. I don't mean it that way at all. I just mean I love the details. I love to draw fur and hair, even the eyelashes and the details in the buttons on someone's shirt...that kind of thing.

Anyway, I was able to get it to the post office today. I had some other things to mail also. I mailed my nephew a Christmas gift (can't tell/show what it was, because his mom, my sister, reads my blog!) and some Mompack fillers. The line at the post office wasn't really bad, but it did go out the door.

The Snellville Post Office is extremely small. I am going to get myself a good digital postal scale so I can have Jim the Mailman pick up my packages though. You get free Priority Mail pickup these days, but need to have a scale. I can print out the mailing labels and pay for postage from here at home on the computer. It will be great to maximize my time and not have to take two little ones to the post office with me.

Today I was lucky, my dear spousal entity drove us and the kids could stay in the carseats. I just had to spend my time inside the P.O. praying that the kids were being quiet in the car. I don't know which is worse, being the one to have to go in the post office to mail stuff, or being the parent sitting out in the car, listening to a toddler whine and a baby cry. Luckily he said it wasn't too bad. Little Man (28 months old) fell asleep in the car while waiting.

No comments:

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.