Monday, September 26, 2005

The kids are out of school today and tomorrow because GA Governor Perdue asked all the government schools in Georgia to close to conserve fuel. It is using two 'snow days' up.

It has been very hard on moms and dads who work outside the home to find last minute childcare so they can go to work. I guess that many of them found out the way I did...my kids ran in the door at 4:30 pm on Friday afternoon going "FOUR DAY WEEKEND! FOUR DAY WEEKEND!" So if I was a mom who worked outside the home, that sure wouldn't leave me any time at all on that Friday workday to make arrangements.

I so far have two people on the list to draw in the Fallen Heroes project.
CNN has a list of the casualties HERE .
I go and look up the people and then find I feel more like I 'know' them and their family more,
and it's pretty moving. Pam at IraqWarNews.net was nice enough to post the info on her blog.

I found out my idea isn't new, (and that's okay, I'm not doing it to be a trendsetter anyway)
I found a site for an exhibit called Faces of the Fallen,
( http://facesofthefallen.org/ ) but apparently they are only doing portraits up to a certain date.
I noticed that one of the portraits was listed as 'unassigned' so I emailed them and offered to do that one if they would like me to. Their portraits are on canvas and mostly painted, but I could probably do conte' crayon on canvas. I hope I will hear from them soon.

I am determined to get one of VB's daughter's age regression portraits done today/tonight.
I am going to go through my art table and get everything organized too. Maybe this is nesting instinct? I don't know, all I know is I am sooo behind it's not even funny right now. I am going to hustle and get caught up, but not sacrifice quality.

I got the baby's bassinet emptied out today. What a weird sentence to type isn't it? It has become a catch-all for laundry etc. There are some people who have the perfect baby nursery set up, and then there's me, the Sidetracked Home Executive (SHE)! I also got the kitchen cleaned up and called a client. I go bouncing from home-work to work-work...someday I will have all the kids in school and be able to get work done in blocks of time and be more effective. Someday someday someday...

No comments:

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.