Monday, May 30, 2005

Scam aimed at artists:

Today I received the following email that seemed kind of odd to me:
==================

From: Mary Wilson

Subject: Purchase of ART.

Hello Darla ,

My name is Mary Wilson from the United kingdom,I am interested in buying some of your art work,they are all beautiful.I want to use them as a decoratives in our new house in the Republic of Benin .I am interested in buying these paintings from you.

(1) Original Art Available
(2) prints

Kindly get back to me with the total price of the selected paintings excluding shippingcost,I have informed a shipping company that will be shipping some of our other house decors.

I will be glad to pay you with a US C- check or US Postal Money Order.Please let
me know the payment method you will prefer better.

I am looking forward to your response on how to proceed.

Best Regards,

Mary.

===================

I Googled the email address and found this <--Click it) that pretty much confirmed my suspicions

and then out of curiosity, I wondered where the heck the Republic of Benin is, and it's in Nigeria....so, scam. Watch out for this one. I will not even respond to it. Please pass this on to all your artist friends.

Darla

No comments:

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.