Friday, April 08, 2005

Laser (our new Sheltie) did his bidness in da howse again. Argh!
Training, training, training! Other than that problem, he sure is my loyal little buddy.

He is doing great with the grooming finally though. He was scared of the brush (bad experiences in the past I think)...so I kept working on it, putting tasty treats ON the brush on the floor, until he finally connected the brush and dealing with being brushed, with getting yummy treats. Now he will sit calmly, knowing we won't hurt him, and he actually salivates and licks his lips when the dog brush comes out!

The phone is ringing a lot due to my recent advertising. Yee haw, now the hard work is finding the time to get everything done that I need to get done. We have the girls taking turns with responsibilities at home. One week, DD1 will have the job of cleaning the kitchen/doing dishes and DD2 will have the job of walking the dog, feeding the dog, and vacuuming the living room/hallway and keeping it tidy. Oh okay so you know I am an old softy and I usually end up being the one taking care of the dog! I work on keeping up with the laundry and the in-between dish washing and kitchen cleanup, and that's a full time job in itself. You should see the amount of laundry a family of 5 accumulates! I do at least 2 loads of laundry a day, but recently I have been letting it pile up until Friday, when I work at it like an obsessive-compulsive laundry troll.

Today is the last day of spring break here in Georgia. DD2 has done basically nothing toward her state project. She needs to report and have a visual aid on the state of Missouri. That's the show me state, and she has nothing so far to show. Well, I tell myself that my kids' projects are their projects, not the parent's projects, and half the lesson is in learning the responsibility for ones own projects and commitments. One time I did practically all the work on a report DD1 had on the planets. I only got a B+.
I promised myself that was the LAST time, the last and final straw...I do help, I am supportive, I remind, but that is it. I am even slacking off in the reminding department. It is her responsibility, and if she gets a good grade she earned it, and if it's bad, she earned that too.

Ah well,
Thanks for stopping in, maybe I'll have something more earthshaking tomorrow to share.

Darla


No comments:

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.