Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Today I have been working on my long 'to-do' list. I did a lot of scanning of both photos and artworks.
I emailed previews to clients. I will hopefully have some new art to show soon. It is an understatement to say that this book - Drawing Realistic Textures in Pencil by J.D. Hillberry has really helped me have a miraculous change in my artwork quality! I am more than thrilled! I can't believe it took me this long to discover chamois as a blending tool, DOY!!! (it's frankly a bit embarrassing to share that, to tell you the truth)...but no artist is an expert, and I have learned almost everything through trial and error and experimenting. It is really inspiring to learn that that is how J.D. Hillberry learned, too!

DS actually sat still for about 10 minutes in my lap while I was watching the Carol Duvall Show on HGTV.
We ate nearly a whole roll of saltine crackers together - it's probably the crackers that kept him snuggled in my lap. He usually won't sit still for very long, too many things to explore since he's 15 months old. It was a sweet moment. I am trying to remember not to be so hyper about trying to get everything "done," but to enjoy the small wonderful moments in life. Later on in the show, they had a couple who makes beautiful mosaics - KaleidoImages.com (Judith and Tom Durden) .... so beautiful and inspiring! The website just does NOT due them justice - no insult intended to the webdesigner of their site, but I think their kaleidoscopes are just something that needs to be seen in person to be fully appreciated. Very talented!

Well I hope you are having a good day and thanks for dropping in.

Darla




No comments:

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.