Sunday, November 21, 2004

By my daughter (Dear Daughter 1 [DD1]), age 10 -

During the month of November, I’m thankful for these things:

I’m thankful for my family, and especially my new little brother. He is 15 months old and he’s funny and very playful. He makes me smile. He has cute little chubby cheeks. He can already throw a ball and kick a ball very well. Sometimes he has tantrums, but they don’t last long. He has a good sense of humor. He runs up to me, and hugs and kisses me, without me asking him.

I am also thankful for my two uncles. My uncles are named Kelly and Daniel. Uncle Kelly lets me ride in his new truck, it’s huge and yellow. Uncle Daniel is quieter than Uncle Kelly. He is funny and kind of shy.

I’m thankful for our heroes. Our heroes are firemen and policemen. If we didn’t have them around, our lives would be harder, and more people would die from fires and violence.

I’m thankful for simple pleasures, like chocolate milk, toilets, and mittens. I’m also thankful for good movies, like Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and Mary Poppins.

I’m thankful for electricity because without electricity, there would be no light at night. There would be no clean water for showers.

I’m thankful for adults, because if there were no adults, we would not be alive right now.

I’m thankful for dogs and cats because dogs and cats keep us company, and they’re our companions.

I’m thankful for clean water and clean air because without clean air, we would be breathing our own air, or carbon monoxide. Without clean water, we would be drinking or bathing in dirty water and we would become ill.

I’m also thankful for teachers like Ms. Barker, and Ms. Vance because without teachers, kids would not learn proper English, or know algebra.

These are only a few of the things I am thankful for. The rest of it would take 400 pages!



2 comments:

Village-Idiot said...

Beautiful letter, and very well written. There is much that we all have to be thankful for, I too am thankful for Algebra (albeit at 10 years old I was not, but learn it well because you will use it the remainder of your life). I am also very thankful for my toilet too, can’t imagine life without it (lol). I am thankful for my wife and my twins and my entire family (in-laws too!). I am also thankful for my computer because, without it, I wouldn’t be able to read your letter and tell you how much I enjoyed reading it.

Happy Thanksgiving!

PS. Was this written by DD1 or DD2?

DD said...

Thanks! It was written by DD1 :)

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.