Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Snowing in Snellville

By now, you may know it snowed today in the Atlanta area. As I write this, it is snowing. All kids desperately want Gwinnett County Schools to close.

The following is a text message conversation between myself and my teenage daughter. Although I have always respected Erma Bombeck, now that I have 4 children, I realize that she really didn't have to come up with
ideas so much as just write down what happened.

Omg i can get checked out?

Some schools early releasing today. Gwinnett not. You don't have 2 stay after school 2day though.

I think they're going to cancel it anyways. Its supposed to get worse later...around 5-ish.

Stay the course. There is weather all over the world.

-.- so....U want me to stand out in the snow waiting for u to come get me

School is still in session.

We're not even doing anything

I'm trying to.

Trying to what?

Trying to work on art.

What does that have to do w anything? lol

(No reply sent by myself - equivalent of blank stare)

Mama!

3 comments:

Brain Coach said...

That is funny, Darla. So, is this what I have to look forward to...teenage years

Wyanne Thompson said...

That's too funny. I find it funny that I have to have to text my 15 yr old, just to make him come downstairs and do his chores.

DD said...

@Donna - working on a support group. It's going to be called Tylenol.

@Wyanne - lol...that is funny. Well, it beats yelling, right?

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.