Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Just give me your art!

I have been really enjoying Alyson B. Stanfield's blog, The ArtBizBlog. This post in particular may be of interest to you, if you are an artist and have people asking or expecting you to give your art away for free: Visit Alyson's ArtBizBlog .

Well you know me by now, I had to get my two cents in the discussion!

My response to an email asking me to give my art away would be something like this:
“Thank you for your kind comments about my artwork. I’m sorry I cannot offer my art for free. I need to make money on my art so I can do more of it. Thank you for appreciating all the time and effort that went into it.”
Alyson Stanfield is the author of the book, I'd Rather be in the Studio! and writes for Art Calendar Magazine. Check out her blog - it's really great.

No comments:

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.