Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Draw a Ladder


It has been awhile since I posted to this blog, because Little Man has had Croup again, which led to something that must be the flu, and a couple more kids got it too. It is going around.

When kids are napping or I eventually get them to school, I have several projects to keep me occupied - a colored pencil portrait of a little boy (just needs adjustments); a 3 foot by 3 foot drawing of 5 buildings and a logo of an electrical supply firm (which will include city names and dates that the company occupied each building in their 25-year history); two age regression portraits of little girls; a portrait of a couple for a wedding gift....and those, I have some portraits of soldiers who died in Iraq to do.

I have brought my big drafting table back into the house. I like my drawing boards because they're so portable, but having a good permanent drawing place again is wonderful. Little Guy is old enough now not to bang his head on it (much) or tip it over on himself.

I have to admit, that sometimes when all the housework is piling up, all the kids have needs - they're sick, I can't get any time to work on art or even have any time to myself, I get depressed and stressed out and I think I will have to give up art for awhile. It can just get so frustrating to not be able to find the time I want to spend. But then I give myself a pep-talk, that it took me a long time to get to the point that I have so many great drawing commissions to do.

I am blessed to have something that I am passionate about. If you have something that is your passion, then you don't let anything get in your way. Do it with all your might when and where you can. Life creates a brick wall, but God gave me the ability to draw a ladder.

1 comment:

painterofdreams said...

I can relate in so many ways. I don't have kids...But, with work(that pays!), home, church, and wanting to have any relationships, it just gets to be so much. Art takes a backseat more than I want. Some days I just stare at the art table with lust! :)

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.