Friday, May 18, 2007

My brain takes 1 AAA battery

It has been awhile since I've posted to the blog. I kind of get writer's block from time to time.
I had a nice Mother's Day. My daughter made me a beautiful homemade card and everyone in the family signed it, even Little Guy made his scribble on it. This card is definitely a keeper!

I was also given the DVD of A Mighty Wind, the mockumentary about a folk group reunion. I love it. It's from the same people who did Best In Show, a mockumentary (fake, humorous 'documentary') of the dog show circuit. So now I've seen Best in Show, A Mighty Wind, The Rutles, The Rutles 2. Now I just need to see This is Spinal Tap. It's probably the best of all of them...I have heard good things about it and I can't believe I haven't seen it yet. Fred Willard really stole the show in A Mighty Wind, even though he only had a couple short appearances. I have really thought he's funny ever since I first saw him on the TV show Fernwood Tonight back in the 70's. I think it was the beginning of the same type of thing - it was a fake talk show. I think Fred Willard tends to be overlooked because he is such a good actor, it doesn't even seem like he's acting.

During the day when I can find time to draw, I have had the BBC America program The Weakest Link on. Sometimes I can really enjoy it, but sometimes the people can't answer the simplest questions. The questions are sometimes like "a cylindrical piece of meat which is placed between buns is called a Hot _____" - and the contestant will give a completely inane answer like "lettuce?" and I just want to reach into the TV screen and slap 'em. It's a good show that I can have on just to listen to though, and it keeps my brain from turning to mush...or at least, it makes me realize I haven't lost my brain yet. I get about 9 out of 10 questions correct. I often do better on the Great Britain questions than most of the British contestants do! But then again, I know they are under more stress being on the program. I love to have something like this or music to keep my brain active when I'm drawing.

After that, a show comes on called How Clean is Your House? It shows someone with a severe housekeeping problem (can't even walk in the house for all the clutter, a dead mouse in a kitchen drawer, etc). I mean, these people have clutter and filth in a major way (it is often depression that's the culprit). Kim and Aggie show the actual microorganisms that are growing in these homes, and how to combat them by cleaning. Kim suggests salt as a natural abrasive, lemon juice, vinegar, and baking soda as solutions for just about anything. Well, after that show, I feel driven to clean at least one thing in the house, and that gets me off me bum in the late afternoon when I start dragging.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

We love A Mighty Wind. We have the DVD and the soundtrack. Haha. My favorite song is "Good Book." :)

I was on a kick of watching Clean Sweep on TLC, and I got my house in order super quick! Too bad I don't get the BBC or I would watch that show too.

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.