Saturday, January 06, 2007

tree trauma

Today when the kids got home from school, I know they thought I had lost my mind during the day. I lopped off all the branches of the Christmas tree, and the tree looked like a 7 foot tall 'Charlie Brown' tree. After chopping off everything, I just let it stay in the stand.

I am recycling the branches out in my back yard. It took about 4 large bucketfuls to get it all out of the house. Just not sure now what to do with the actual trunk of the tree now...either I'll take it to the Snellville Recycling Center's 'One for the Chipper' campaign, or I'll just launch it by hand out into the furthest regions of my woodsy backyard. Well why not, it can keep 2005's Christmas tree company.

But I got it all put out just before the big storm system moved through Atlanta. If you heard about the storms, don't worry, it was no big deal. That didn't stop WSB Channel 2 from zooming in on a puddle with rain dripping for about 10 minutes. Oooh, rain! Thanks for showing us what that looks like! LOL!

Back to the tree, if you are trying to figure out what to do with your old Christmas tree, check out Earth911's Treecycling information page.

1 comment:

DD said...

You sound sooo organized! We only got our tree a few days before Christmas, so it wasn't super old at least. Today I finally got that thing outta the house, I'm so glad.

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.