Thursday, August 10, 2006

Whew, it has been a busy week so far. I have spent the last couple days doing some needed home repair, and I am beat. I painted the front bathroom. The girls helped sand down the seams of the wallpaper, then we painted over the 20 yr old wallpaper with Kilz primer. It is a so called 'odorless' primer, but I can tell you it's NOT odorless! .... I am either fighting a cold or the fumes have gotten to me.

The bathroom is sort of a too-bright green in my opinion, but the moulding is a darker green, which helps. I did stenciling near the ceiling and around the tub.

I had put off this work too long already. When we had the new tub put in and had some drywall work done, it was spackled, but needed to be painted ASAP and I didn't do it.
So before any water problems developed around the tub surround, I realized I just needed to jump in and get it done.

I am NOT a muralist. Seems like it would be fun, but it is very physical.
I found muscles I had forgotten I had. I've had to take Tylenol over the last couple days. My hands definitely prefer the pencil to the brush and roller!

So you want a mural painted? A faux finish, stencilling, you say? Why hurt yourself, hire a professional. Hey, don't look at me, go to this page of my website that has muralists. Link

I'm glad to have that done and behind me so I can do my usual artwork!

No comments:

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.