Thursday, August 03, 2006

Here is the pencil drawing of Daniel (Daniel of the Bible). The final illustration for the upcoming book, What Really Happened During Ancient Times . ( Bramley Books ). There may be some changes done to it, but this is how it looks now.

Almost all the pictures I could find of Daniel depicted him as extremely young or extremely old. Because the action in the chapter of the book deals with him in about mid-twenties to his thirties, I drew him around that age.

Now how I got my photo references is going to sound really loopy but here goes. I found a random photo on the Internet of a guy around the right age I was looking for. I was looking for a guy who looked gentle yet of a solid character. Strong but not ego-macho, gentle but not wimpy. That took some time (LOL). So I found this (not an American) guy, altered his picture in my graphics program, and printed that out to work from. Then when I drew him, I changed several aspects of his features, changed his coloring, hair color, removed his modern shirt and tie...etc...so now he is a new 'invented' person to depict Daniel. So we could loosely say that "genetically" this artwork of Daniel is related to the real person whose picture I found. But even the person I based this on wouldn't even recognize himself. Whoever you are, thank you!

1 comment:

Jan said...

You are so talented. I love to come here and see your latest works!! Keep sharing them. They are lovely!

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.