Saturday, February 04, 2006


I'm giving serious thought to purchasing a tablet and stylus so I can draw digitally into a pc program. The Wacom Intuos3 6x8 is the one I am considering. I think it will open up new possibilities for my art, and at least allow for me to make more print-ready or web-ready images.

I emailed Jay Montgomery and he was nice enough to point me in the right direction. I'm glad I asked Jay about it, as I was initially looking at models that would be too basic for my ongoing needs. If you would just want to have fun with your digital photos, then you'd only need a basic model, that you can get for about $100.

Jay writes:

"I highly recommend them! The new ones are the Intuos3 line and they come in several sizes. Just as good if not better. They are quite pricey but if you use it a lot it will pay for itself many times over. I very rarely trace a drawing using the clear flap on the tablet. I usually just create a new layer in what ever program I’m using as a base. I would get at least a 6x8 or 6x11 depending on your monitor size and if you want to use the tracing flap on the tablet. Click here to find out what kind/size you need. "
http://www.wacom.com/tabletwizard/index.cfm

No comments:

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.