Saturday, January 21, 2006

Drawing Tips for Beginning Artists

Art questions from site visitors -


These are from Richie in California:

"Where do you get your supplys whats the name of the store for instance, maybe one will be out here. secondly could u email me a list of the stuff you use for the drawings, like what type of pencils i should get for the best results in my pictures and finally id like to thank you again i am so glad i found your site i cant wait to start drawing some stuff."

Richie, this page should help -
http://www.pencil-portrait-drawing-artist.com/supplies.html
I have linked a lot of the items to MisterArt.com so you can see exactly what everything looks like...but you can buy a lot of the items anywhere. I really prefer Dick Blick for online - there aren't any TRUE art stores close to where I live. Dick Blick has a reasonable shipping fee.


"How do you practice your drawing because i have been copying portraits for quit a while and have gotten pretty good but no where near your level if you could give me a few pointers that would be great if not i understand compleatly."

The best advice I can give you is to just keep working at it. I used Lee Hammond's book, How to Draw Lifelike Portraits from Photographs, and it was really helpful. If you use that book and follow the directions step by step, you will be amazed at the progress you will make.
This page of my site has some personal drawing tips from me:
http://pencil-artist.tripod.com/tutorial.html

No comments:

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.