Monday, March 28, 2005

I hope you had a good Easter. DD1 spent most of the day at her uncles' house, ate candy all day then was sick in the evening. Age 11 is a great time to learn that people can't just live on candy.

DD2 stayed home with me and helped me get the house and the meal ready. We ate around 6:30 pm. Here is what our Easter menu entailed:

Orange glazed ham

Skillet Corn Medley
Biscuits
7 Layer Salad
Watergate Salad
Chocolate cake (just a Duncan Hines mix)
Tea

Pretty cool huh? 'Specially for someone like me - when I got married almost 20 years ago, I needed to look up a recipe to boil water. I was pathetic! This menu would have been unthinkable for me back then. I would have broken out in a cold sweat just thinking about it. You can find the recipes HERE ... I also linked them above. I did cheat with the biscuits, they were just the frozen type, I think they were Sister Schubert brand, they are excellent! Most of us thought the seven layer salad was pretty weird (I was the only one who liked it)...but maybe it's one of those things you need to be in the mood for...? I like to hear what people actually think about something I make - I don't take it personally if they don't like it. The way I feel is, if nobody likes it, I sure don't want to spend my time making it and the money to buy the ingredients. That is a big waste. But it was fun to try some new recipes. The corn skillet medley did make a very festive looking dish. It would also be nice for Christmas, since it has the red and green of the peppers in it.

In the evening, it rained and rained (and rained)..unbelievable. Our yard looks like a lake. I thought about getting some water skis to take the dog out.

Thank you for stopping by, I hope to have some art to share soon!

Darla

No comments:

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.