Monday, January 10, 2005

Today couldn't have started any better. It's going to be 67 degrees today. This does a lot for my mood! Also I clicked on the radio and the first song I heard was Everyday I Write the Book by Elvis Costello and it doesn't get much better than that. The only problem I've had this morning was getting DD1 out of bed. She wants to stay up late and sleep in all the time.

I'm not ashamed to brag on myself this morning either. I have to say that removing all the junk from their room and then having them sort it all out and deciding what would go back in their room was brilliance! We have really great stuff for the tsunami relief garage sale and now their room is orderly, with bins for toys and stuff that are actually labeled! Now everything has a place. I wish I had taken a 'before' picture. You wouldn't believe the transformation. It is like a room makeover. It is an attitude-makover too, because there has been much less squabbling between the girls for the last two days. I think decluttering the room removed a lot of stress.
I'm surprised that they let as much stuff go as they did. I think they went to school in a much better frame of mind this morning than usual. It is such a relief that that's done.

Today to work on the artwork that is lined up on my fireplace mantel! Having my son 16 months ago took away my in-home 'studio' (the so called 'spare' bedroom) and space is at a premium. I like putting the artwork on the mantel for more than a couple reasons, the main ones being: a) it's safe from destruction by the toddler; and, b) I can see at a glance the jobs to do; c) Most of the art is too big to fit in a file anyway! I have about 5-6 jobs going right now. I love them all. I will be working like a madwoman the next couple days.

Thanks for stopping by,
Darla

No comments:

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.